Based in London, Ontario, Autodata Solutions helps auto manufacturers and fleet companies streamline sales, marketing and technology activities
Beginning with a handful of employees in a small London plaza over 15 years ago, Autodata Solutions, Inc., headquartered in London, Ontario, with presence in Toronto, Ontario, has grown to more than 225 employees working in Canada and the United States. Today more than 25 million consumers each month use Autodata’s web-based tools to complete their online vehicle research, configurations and comparisons. With excellent growth prospects in existing markets, the company is sending the message that things are just getting started.
If you’ve bought a car recently, you’ve probably done your initial research online. And, if like an increasing number of consumers, you have compared vehicles, specifications and built your new car online, the information you used to make a buying decision was likely the result of Autodata Solutions’ work.
Based in London, Ontario, Autodata Solutions provides information technology (IT) solutions and professional services to auto manufacturers and fleet companies, enabling them to streamline and automate their sales, marketing and technology activities. Evolving from a vehicle data provider with a focus on content aggregation, Autodata has become a leading provider of web technology and custom-built solutions that respond to the automotive industry’s changing business needs.
As a North American enterprise and ecommerce partner to the world’s foremost automotive brands ranging from Acura to Volvo, Autodata delivers market analytics, product planning and training, vehicle configuration management, lead management, order placement, and in-dealership retail systems. Many automotive clients use Autodata’s technology and data-enabled solutions to power consumer-facing, competitive comparison web sites.
With a head office in London, Ontario, Autodata Solutions has easy access to both Canadian and U.S. markets, allowing the company to effectively serve its expanding North American client base. The London area also boasts excellent access to several world-class universities, colleges, and an enriching, rewarding environment in which to live.
Being a high-tech hub, Ontario offers companies the opportunity to benefit from a wealth of business and technology professionals with diverse skills, knowledge and expertise. The central Ontario location has in part helped Autodata Solutions become the dynamic, entrepreneurial company it is today.
Autodata Solutions responds to market demands and enables the auto industry to upgrade to web-centric business practices. Extensive OEM knowledge helps the company outpace larger technology providers in the industry and Autodata is equipped to build innovative technology solutions uniquely adapted to the automotive sector.
The combination of an increased consumer preference for online vehicle research and commerce and Autodata’s demonstrated expertise in web-based and data-enabled solutions positions the company as a choice supplier in a changing market. Autodata delivers many ebusiness tools, content platforms and a wide variety of technology to an increasing number of automotive clients, helping them improve both their sales chain effectiveness and profit potential. Solutions include:
- eCommerce – Over 25 million consumers per month use Autodata’s software tools and vehicle data in North America to complete their online vehicle research.
- Retail – Approximately 4,000 new vehicle dealerships across North America use applications and software modules built and maintained by Autodata on behalf of applicable original equipment manufacturers (OEM).
- Market Planning – Product, pricing and incentive planners at 75% of all OEMs in North America use one or more of Autodata’s suite of market planning and analysis tools.
- Vehicle Ordering – With engagements at manufacturers’ and national fleet companies, Autodata’s software tools execute 4 million of the approximately 13 million new vehicle orders in the U.S. each year.
- Vehicle Content Syndication – Through a data syndication group, most industry intermediaries use Autodata’s vehicle content. Using reseller programs, dozens of specialty dealer management system providers sublicense Autodata’s tools and vehicle data to over 10,000 automotive dealers in the U.S. and Canada.
Future growth plans
Autodata Solutions plans to continue building on its solid reputation as a leading provider of industry expertise, technology platforms, professional services and data. With the ongoing growth of personnel, technology and clients, Autodata Solutions anticipates participating in increasingly high-profile projects that will shape the future of automotive ecommerce.
Excellent growth opportunities in existing markets are fueling the continued addition of talented business and technology professionals to the Autodata Solutions team.
Autodata Solutions, Inc.
Download a PDF version of this story here.